As regulated health professionals, we continue to provide both in-person care and virtual physiotherapy to serve you in accordance with provincial health guidelines related to Covid-19. During the pandemic we've made some important changes at our clinic that will help with continued efforts to control the spread of Covid-19 and provide a safe environment for both our patients and staff. You can learn more about some of our current procedures by reading below.
- We're staggering appointments at certain times in order to reduce the number of people in common areas of the clinic at one time and to allow for us to carry out our disinfection protocols between patients.
- All forms filled out by patients are completed online whenever possible in order to minimize the amount of time spent in the waiting room at our front desk.
- We ask that you arrive as close to your appointment time as possible in order to minimize the amount of people in our waiting area at one time.
All patients and visitors are screened upon entry to our clinic for Covid-19. Likewise, we require all of our staff to complete screening prior to each shift and require that they stay home for the recommended period of time should they not pass their screening.
- In order to optimize air quality, we've added True HEPA air purifiers throughout the clinic to ensure full coverage of our facility.
- Most importantly, every enclosed treatment room has its own dedicated air purifier equipped with a True HEPA filter.
- We continue to be attentive to our usual routines that include strict hand washing/sanitizing, cleaning and disinfecting of treatment tables/surfaces and any equipment that comes into contact with patients after every use during appointments. High-touch surfaces in the clinic are also disinfected as part of routine daily cleaning.
- We only use disinfectants at our clinic that are on Health Canada's list as being shown to be effective against Covid-19.
- A hand sanitzing station is available at the entrance of our clinic. If you prefer to wear a face mask while receiving care, we continue to recommend this but don't require it at this time.
- Our health professionals wear appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) which at a minimum includes a medical mask while delivering care as well as when interacting with other staff when a 2-metre distance cannot be maintained or they are in open areas of the clinic.
- Our front desk staff will interact with you from behind a plexiglass barrier.
- We promote contactless payment such as tapping your credit card or e-transfer whenever possible but we also accept cheque or cash.
- Staff do not share computers during a shift and these will be used only after hand washing/sanitizing and disinfection between shifts.
We've been successfully helping people move and feel better since the beginning of the pandemic by providing 1-on-1 virtual visits with their physiotherapist from the comfort and safety of their own home or office.
Receiving care this way is still a great way to see your physiotherapist and can be used in conjunction with in-person visits. Your physiotherapist can let you know if this an appropriate option for you. You can learn more about our online virtual physiotherapy program by clicking here.